March 17, 2016
How to do a Sage 50 Backup
- To do a backup open your data file (open and log into Sage in the normal way)
- Click on File, Backup.
- You can also click on the Backup icon (looks like a file cabinet) from the toolbar on the top of the Home screen.
- In the ‘Sage 50 Accounting – Backup’ window, enter the file name.
- It would be a good idea to include the date as part of this name (ex. 270315)
- Select the folder where you want to save the backup (local disk, external drive, network, USB drive…).
- The last-used backup file path is saved and becomes the default for the next backup.
- Do not overwrite an existing backup unless you know for sure that is what you want to do.
- Backing up to the Cloud is possible.
- Sage 50 will backup if saving directly on a CD/DVD drive, but a manual extra step or burning the CD/DVD will be required.
- Click OK to start the backup.
- It is highly recommended that you make backups on a regular basis.
For more information on Backups and how we can help, contact us today.